HI, KYNDAL HERE!
I'm a full time wedding and portrait photographer based out of Ames, Iowa, serving all of the Midwest and beyond! I'm a big believer in making sure you document all the milestones in your lifetime. After all, you're not going to pass down your iPhone to your grandchildren -- you're going to pass down those photos you had intentionally taken, printed, and hung up in your home or created into an album. PHOTOS ARE A TIMELESS FAMILY HEIRLOOM, PEOPLE! ;) Something I've always loved in this life is story telling, and photography is my way to contribute to that love of mine!
- I married my bff on October 5, 2019 and it was my favorite day
- I have at least 2 coffees a day, oops
- traveling is easily my favorite hobby
- vintage + thrift shopping gives me life
- my husband and I love home projects and have renovated our entire main floor!
- I'm an enneagram 2 with 9 being a very close second
- I went full time with photography in September of 2019
- I grew up on Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Law & Order
- SSDGM... if you know you know
- I love almond flavored anything
- We have two dogs, a springer spaniel named Sadie and a pug named Frankie and yes they're spoiled and loonie
- A dream of mine is to own and renovate an Airstream Camper and turn it into my office space + travel all over the States with it!
kyndal elise photography
I have always gravitated towards photography. Growing up, I was constantly requesting a digital, disposable, or polaroid camera for Christmas. I would take pictures of random inanimate objects all over the place, and call it ~art~. I was the one at slumber parties that insisted we all pose for a group shot with the handy dandy 10 second timer. Oh, and my camera was definitely pink at the time, lol.
When it came to picking a school to go to college, I tried really hard to find a photography program offered by a school in Iowa that resonated with me. Unfortunately, I really couldn't find anything that felt right! So I ended up going to school at Iowa State University and majoring in Public Relations. I really enjoyed it, and I got a full time job as soon as I graduated!
However, I quickly learned that sitting at a desk from 8-5, staring at a screen, going to board meetings, and answering a phone, was not a lifestyle that would fulfill me. So in May of 2018, the same month I graduated college, I bought my fancy camera and started building my photography portfolio!
In two months of doing photos for free, I photographed 50+ couples, families, seniors, brands, literally anyone that asked me to take photos for them, I said yes to! From this time of saying yes over and over again, I figured out where my passion lies: weddings and couples!
I went from having 1 wedding in 2018, to 12 weddings in 2019, to 35+ in 2020. *happy tears*
Truly, nothing brings me more joy or fulfills me as much as photographing two people who love each other effortless and limitlessly does!
travel bucket list
Have plans to be in any of these places in the future? Let me know!
All bucket list locations are subject to discounts!
Joshua Tree, CA
Canon Beach, OR
Arches National Park, UT
Bryce Canyon, UT
Zion National Park, UT
Grand Teton, WY
Glacier National Park, MT
Anywhere in Ireland
Anywhere in Iceland
Anywhere in Scotland
Anywhere in Hawaii
Banff National Park, Canada